Wednesday 9 September 2015

Torna: Real beauty of Sahyadry

TORNA was the first fort taken by Shivaji Maharaj. It was garland of his first victory on this fort and therefore the name –TORNA. TORNA is also called prachandgadh because of it vastness. Torna fort is the best fort in Pune. It offers spectacular views of Sahyadri Mountains. Once you reach the top, there is a lot more to discover. 'Dhanya aahat tumhi shivray. Itkya kmi vayat sar kelat'.
We planned to leave Pune city at 6:30 am. Quite as expected, Jayesh - as usual time vr aala tr shappath. And he didn't pick up a call till 7. All other we were gathered at Shiwajinagar. We waited for then to come until 9am. So we were 8 people. Reshma, Chandya, Rajendra, Jay, Hemant, Deepali me and Ranga.

We took difficult road to the town. Torna is situated at Welhe taluka. It was really nice road. Climate was cloudy, and refreshing weather. We took breakfast and started to trek. First time for any trek I give shouted in name of Chatrapati Shiwaji maharaj.
All my friends got mixed up well. We did lots of gossiping while climbing up.
I didn't find Torna difficult to climb up. When coming down - one patch is really tricky, where we came down with the help of ropes. At high peak, everything was foggy. The thing to remember was earth and sky was feeling one. There was no difference between. That view was unique and wonderful. Which made me forget any worries, any tensions.
Water on leafs, sound of trees, raining and cold wind. Everything made Torna an awesome place.
That was one of nice trek I have done. I will always miss this climate over a year. I would like to see Torna again and again.
 We took dinner on coming way via Nasarapur highway. It was almost 9 pm when we reached to the city.
 I feet clear difference in surrounding. Looking into sky, I saw stars. That was amazing feeling. I have done with Torna. With new dream in mind - Shivneri now.

2 comments: