Tuesday 4 August 2015

K2S Monsoon adventure race (CPX)



It was mixture of all feelings, little scared, lots of happiness, worried, unsure, nervousness, Exciting and thrilled.
(fog, cloud and dark, rain, descend, this time other competitors too and your patience). Challenge was all about your passion. Passion of trekking. Passion to test your stamina.


Race was getting conducted in different groups such as Intercollegiate, corporate all men, corporate mix (min one girl), open mix, and 40+ etc. 
Flag off was at 4.30. We started in corporate mix group. Unfortunately I am very slow on ascend. I was feeling so wrong, unwell that I was last one trekker in our group.
But then I thought about one who said 'don't compare'. Give your best. You have to prove yourself to 
only you and none other.
Taking in one pace all the time I do not stop more than a minute.
That's it. My head started spinning because I was climbing up. After taking water and reaching top, I was feeling good. After that, I didn't stop. Not even to take full breathe. I know, I was only thinking about end point where I wanted to reach in less than five hours. Doubtfully whether I will do it or not, I did it. We were at road until 9 pm.
Walking in the night I saw full moon. Lighting reddish-orange, rising, shining. Half covered with clouds which added more beauty to it by spreading its light throughout. It was most beautiful thing in world around me. I can just sit watching it infinitely. After two minutes, clouds took full cover we were moving on.


Surprising things get to happen almost for every trek. My friend Vivek who can do Himalayan treks also successfully suddenly got cramp in right foot. It was becoming very difficult for him to descend in such condition. We did have spray with us which helped us a lot. He didn't quit. Even he didn't say, he can't do ever throughout the trek.


And then comes tragedy. What route we descend, was unexpected, slippery. Totally challenging. Weather the trek is gone good for health too? Someone should not get hurt.  But willpower was all over mind because of which only we climb up on Sinhagad.
The fort which people used to cover in an hour or less, unfortunately we took five hours. I still can't believe.
Every step for me was heaviest. But in mind destination was fixed to reach. No matter what. And, I do. Though I was totally exhausted, hungry. When we reach on top, and got medal and certificate, that was awesome. More than awesome.


Suraj was the one, having full energy all time while trekking. Encouraging me to talk, to compete and to keep going. After all we are 'Trekkers Feet'


I wanted to scream loudly. As I always do, but this time I didn't have energy at all. We eat some snacks in cold at 2 am. We go to sleep in hut. But how can you can sleep. It was like one of my dream came true. I was in heaven. After an hour I was literally shivering because of cold so I went in hut where people were making rotis so it was warmer there.
I spend 2 hours there and in the morning 6 we came back to a city. My god, Sun and sunshine that was feeling warm and very nice.


I would like to come again and again to get such a thrilling and wonderful experience. Life should keep on teaching me to handle even the worst situations.



No comments:

Post a Comment